(THE COMPANIES ACT, 1956)
(THE COMPANIES ACT, 2013 TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE)
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
BHARTIYA GAU RAKSHA DAL
(A COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE NOT HAVING SHARE CAPITAL
NOT FOR PROFIT U/S 25 OF THE COMPANIES ACT, 1956)
I. The name of the Company is BHARTIYA GAU RAKSHA DAL
II. The Registered Office of the Company will be situated in the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
III. The objects for which the Company is established are
A. MAIN OBJECTS OF THE COMPANY TO BE PURSUED ON INCORPORATION ARE:
1. To work for the welfare of the cows & to protect them from the slaughters.
2. To conserve cows and provide them with the required treatment, shelter & fodder.
3. To operate Gau Shala’s in the different parts of the country.
4. To operate hospitals for the treatment of cows.
5. To prepare & promote cow products for the human welfare on no profit basis.
6. To raise objection on the exploitation of the animals in cinematography.
7. To form committees for the awareness about the cow protection.
8. No objects of the company will be carried out without obtaining prior approval / NOC from the concerned authorities whenever required, if any.
9. None of the objects of the Company will be carried out on commercial basis.
( B ) THE OBJECTS INCIDENTAL OR ANCILLARY OF THE ATTAINMENT OF THE MAIN OBJECTS ARE:-
1. To represent before Government –
To provide necessary data pertaining to the information affecting the trade and commerce and to propagate realistic point of view amongst the public, local bodies, Government Authorities or Institutions, Parliament, or the State Legislative Assemblies or any public body for facilitating, conferring with and ascertaining views of the persons connected with the aforementioned faculties.
2. To ascertain members’ views –
To consider questions connected with the members and to ascertain views of those engaged in the same directly or indirectly.
3. To appoint trustees –
To establish, subsidise, promote, co-operate with or become a member of any union, act as or appoint trustees, or delegates for the control, management, superintendence of, lend monetary assistance to or otherwise assist any associations and institutions, incorporated or not incorporated with objects altogether or in part similar to those of the Company.
4. To acquire immovable property –
To purchase, take on lease or in exchange, hire or otherwise acquire any immovable or movable property and any right or privileges which the association may think necessary or convenient for the purposes of its objects and in particular any land, buildings, easements, machinery or plant; and either to retain any property so acquired or to turn the same to account as may seem expedient.
5. To construct and maintain property –
To construct, improve, maintain, develop, work, manage, carry out or control any buildings and conveniences which may seem calculated directly or indirectly, to advance the Company’s main objects and to contribute to subsidise or otherwise assist or take part in the construction, improvement, maintenance, development, working, management, carrying out or control thereof.
6. To dispose of property –
To sell, exchange, lease; grant licenses, easements and other rights over and to improve, manage, develop, mortgage, turn to account or in any other manner deal with or dispose of the undertaking, property, assets, rights and effects of the association, or any part thereof, for such consideration as the Company may think fit, and in particular for shares, debentures or securities of any Company.
7. To enter into arrangements with Government –
To enter into any arrangement with any Government or authority, supreme, municipal, local or otherwise, or any person or company that seems conducive to the Company’s objects or any of them and to obtain from any such Government, authority, person or company any rights, privileges, charters, contracts, licenses and concessions which the Company may think desirable to obtain and to carry out, exercise, and comply therewith either itself or through its members.
8. To take recognition with other authorities –
To apply for, promote and obtain any act, charter, privilege, concession, license, authorization, of any Government, State or Municipal provisional order or license of any authority for enabling the Company to carry out its objects into effect or for extending any of powers of the Company, or for effect any modification of the Company’s constitution, or for any other purpose which may seem expedient and to oppose any proceedings or applications which may seem calculated directly or indirectly to prejudice the interest of the Company or its members.
9. To make representations to different bodies –
To make representations on behalf of the members of the Company and to establish liaison with the Government of India, State Government, local or public authorities, research and financial institutions and other bodies or associations in connection with promotion of the objects of the Company.
10. To make donations and provide other amenities –
To make donations to such persons or institutions and in such cases and either of cash or otherwise as may be thought directly or indirectly conducive to any of the Company’s objects or otherwise expedient and to establish and support or aid in the establishment and support of associations, institutions, funds, trusts and conveniences for the benefit of the employees or ex-employees of the Company or its predecessors or person having dealings with the Company or the dependents, relatives or connections of such persons and in particular friendly or other benefit societies and to grant pensions, allowances, gratuities and bonuses either by way of annual payments or a lump sum and to make payments towards insurance and to form and contribute to provident and benefit funds
of or for such persons.
11. To refer claims of Company for arbitration –
To refer or agree to refer any claim, demand, dispute or any other question, by or against the Company, or in which the Company is interested or concerned and whether between the Company and the members or members of his or their representatives or between the Company and third parties, to arbitration in India or at any place outside India and to observe and perform and to do all acts, deeds, matters and things to carry out or enforce the awards.
12. To pay expenses of formation –
To pay out of the funds of the Company all expenses which the Company may lawfully pay with respect to the promotion, formation and registration of the Company.
13. To propagate services made available by the Company –
To adopt such means of making known the Company as may seem expedient, and in particular by advertising in the press, by circulars, by purchase and exhibition of works of art or interest, by publication of books and periodicals or by granting prizes, rewards and donations.
14. To draw negotiable instrument (s) –
To draw, make, accept, endorse, discount, execute and issue bills of exchange, promissory notes, bills of lading, warrants, debentures and other negotiable or transferable instruments or securities in connection with the activity of the Company.
15. To invest moneys –
To invest and deal with the moneys of the Company not immediately required in such manner as may from time to time be determined.
16. To exercise corporate powers and rights –
To exercise all or any of its corporate powers, rights and privileges and to conduct its activities in all or any of its branches in the Union of India and in any or all States, territories, possessions, colonies and dependencies thereof and in any or all foreign countries, and for this purpose to have and maintain and to discontinue such number of offices and agencies therein as may be convenient.
17. To get it registered anywhere in the world –
To procure the Company to be registered or recognised in any part of the world.
18 . To set up museums –
To set up museums to exhibit the products and or activities of the Company and to participate in such activities.
19. To establish offices –
To establish offices or agencies at such place or places in India or elsewhere in order to carry out the objects of the Company.
20. To hold exhibitions –
To conduct, undertake and participate in national or international exhibitions.
21. To operate bank accounts –
To open and operate upon accounts of any description with any bank or banks and close the same. The bank account shall be operated by the Chairman otherwise chairman and the treasurer. And our members or our registered banner also open the bank account to our authorized membership card or registration certificate.
22. To provide membership –
To Provide membership to the persons under various categories, such as life membership, gold membership, silver membership, junior membership, social membership, sponsors membership.
23. To make committees for the purpose of promotion of objectives on national level.
24. To do all other things –
To do all and everything necessary, suitable or proper for the accomplishment of any of the purposes or the attainment of any of the objects, or the furtherance of any of the powers here-in-before set forth, either alone or in association with other corporate bodies, firms or individuals, and to do every other act or acts, thing or things, incidental or appurtenant to, or growing out of, or connected with the aforesaid objects or powers or any part or parts there of provided the same be not inconsistent with the law of the Union of India.
25. The doing of all such other lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the object.
(C). OTHER OBJECTS : NIL
Provided that the Company shall not support with its funds, or endeavor to impose on, or procure to be observed by its members or others, any regulation or restriction which, if an object of the Company would make it a trade union.
IV. The objects of the Company extend to whole of India.
- The income and property of the Company, whensoever derived, shall be applied solely towards the promotion of its objects of the Company as set forth in this Memorandum of Association.
- No portion by way of dividend or bonus or otherwise, shall be paid to the person who at any time, are or have been members of the company or to any of them or to any persons claiming through any of them, provided that nothing herein contained shall prevent the payment in good faith or remuneration of any officer or servants of the Company, to any member thereof, or to any other person in return for any services actually rendered to, for or on behalf of the company or of interest on money borrowed by or for the purpose of the company, from any person, whether a member of the company or otherwise.
- Expect with the previous approval of the Central Government, no remuneration or other benefit in money or moneys worth shall be given by the Company to any of its members, whether officers or servants of the company or not, except payment of out of – pocket expenses, reasonable and proper interest on money lent or reasonable and proper rent on premises let to the company.
- Except with the previous approval of the Central Government, no member shall be appointed to any office under the Company which is remunerated by salary, fees, or in any other manners not excluded by sub-clause (3).
- Nothing under above sub-clause shall prevent any payment by the Company of reasonable remuneration to any of its officers or servants (not being a member) or to any other person (not being a member) in return for any services actually rendered to the Company.
VI. No alteration shall be made to this Memorandum of Association or to the Articles of Association of the company, which are for the time being in force, unless the alteration has been previously submitted and approved by the Registrar of Companies, NCT of Delhi & Haryana.
VII. The liability of the members is limited.
VIII. Each member undertakes to contribute to the assets of the company in the event of its being wound up while he is a member or within one year afterwards for payment of the debts or liabilities of the company contracted before he ceases to be a member and of the costs, charges and expenses of winding up and for adjustment of the rights of the contributories among themselves. Such amount as may be required not exceeding a sum of Rs.1000/-
IX. In upon a winding up or dissolution of the company, there remains, after the satisfaction of all the debts and liabilities, any property whatsoever, the same shall not be distributed among the members of the company but shall be given or transferred to such other company having objects of the company, to be determined by the members of the company at or before the time of dissolution or in default thereof, by the High Court of Judicature that has or may acquire jurisdiction in the matter.
X. True accounts shall be kept of all sums of money received or expended by the company and the matters in respect of which such receipts and expenditure take place, and of the property credits and liabilities or the company and subject to any reasonable restrictions as to the time and manner of inspecting the same that may be imposed in accordance with the regulations of the company for the time being in force, the accounts shall be open to the inspection of the members. Once at least in every year, the accounts of company shall be examined and the correctness of the Balance sheet and the Income and Expenditure account ascertained by one or more properly qualified auditor or auditors.